Valley Pediatric Triage
Helping physicians provide excellent care for their patients, even when their office is closed
Response to Subscriber Calls
How it works
- When a parent calls their pediatrician's office after hours, they are forwarded to the pediatrician's answering service.
- The answering service takes the information from the parent and pages it out to a VPT nurse.
- The VPT nurse then triages calls according to urgency by calling the parent, assessing the child and giving advice according to VPT protocols.
Other important benefits
- VPT is available for all types of calls, even emergency ones.
- VPT makes emergency room pediatricians available for consult 24 hours each day.
- Documentation regarding each encounter is available to subscribers on the following business day.
- The management team is available around the clock to promptly address any concerns.
Quality care guaranteed
- Each member of the staff is a pediatric-experienced registered nurse, HIPAA tested and compliant. They receive ongoing, quality pediatric education through Phoenix Children's and keep up-to-date on national standards for triage nursing.
- VPT nurses are available to educate in-office triage nurses in regards to current practice.
Flexible services to fit subscriber needs
- VPT works with physicians to provide the most flexible service possible.
- Physicians can select specific times they want coverage and indicate other preferences, as well.
- VPT nurses answer every call, including blocked, Spanish language and long-distance calls.
- After hours, VPT provides its service on a full-time or as-needed basis.
For more information, please call 602-933-3359.
Please contact your pediatrician’s office.
Share this page