Robin K. Blitz, MD, FAAP is fellowship trained and board certified in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) and in Pediatrics. Dr. Blitz is the director of developmental pediatrics at Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
She has many years of experience in working with children and their families and in teaching residents. She is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group (DSMIG) and the National Fragile X Clinical and Research Consortium (FXCRC).
Dr. Blitz is also a member of the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, an organization that has provided leadership in residency education, and a Zero to Three Fellow. Dr. Blitz has worked in various teaching capacities throughout her career. Dr. Blitz special interests include: Special needs of foster and adopted children, in utero alcohol and drug exposure, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and comorbidities, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Fragile X Syndrome, learning disabilities, the care of premature infants, and children.
She also founded and leads Early Access to Care - AZ, a program that trains medical providers around the state to diagnose and treat children with autism.
- Advisory Board member of Arizona’s Early Intervention Program
- Hope Village, Board of Directors
- Pediatric Developmental and Behavioral Clinic, Co-director, Phoenix Indian Medical Center
- Autism Parent Support Group, Phoenix Medical Center
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Autism Society of America
- Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Zero to Three, National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Adoption, Foster Care and Kinship
- National Fragile X Clinical and Research Consortium for Fragile X and Autism Consensus
- National Fragile X Clinical and Research Consortium Medical Problems
- Arizona Chapter of AAP: Autism Consensus Document Committee
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Creighton University School of Medicine
- Associate Professor, Clinical Scholar, Barrow Neurological Institute
Interests and Hobbies
In her free time, Dr. Blitz enjoys spending time with her two boys, hiking with friends, going to the movies and walking her dogs. Learn more about Dr. Blitz