Kara Lewis, MD, is a headache specialist. She is a board-certified pediatric neurologist, board-certified in headache medicine and program director of the Child Neurology Residency program at Barrow at Phoenix Children’s.
After graduating from the University of Arizona - College of Medicine, Dr. Lewis completed her residency at Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.
She is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics and neurology at the University of Arizona - College of Medicine, a social media editor for the Journal of Child Neurology, reviewer for the Journal of Headache and Pain and a reviewer for Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Social Media Editor, Journal of Child Neurology
- Program Director, Child Neurology Residency, Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Fellow of the American Headache Society
- Member, contributed to the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) National Milestones for Child Neurology Residency
- Child Neurology Society Executive Committee, Councillor for the West
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics and Neurology, University of Arizona - College of Medicine